What is LED Therapy?
LED Light Therapy is a collagen stimulation procedure that is based on proven research by NASA. Certain frequencies of light significantly increase new tissue growth and stimulate collagen production thus reducing fine lines and wrinkles. This therapy triggers the body to convert light energy into cell energy without thermal heat. Stimulates new collagen growth in the treated area. Light Therapy is proven to be an effective treatment for aging skin as well as particular conditions like Rosacea, acne and wound healing.
How does it work?
Low-level-light therapy or photobiomodulation is based on Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology and is the application of light energy to the body for therapeutic benefits. It promotes a natural photobiochemical reaction similar to the process of plant photosynthesis. The energy delivered by the LEDs has been shown to enhance cellular metabolism, accelerate the repair and replenishment of damaged skin cells, as well as stimulate the production of collagen.
Red Light and Infrared Light:
The red and infrared light stimulates skin at the cellular level thus increasing cellular growth. This, in turn, stimulates the body to build new capillaries and improve the lymphatic system, which are both essential to creating improved skin. The result is younger and healthier looking skin. Red light is most often used for general skin improvement and to reduce the visible signs of aging.
Infrared light may have beneficial effects on the skin’s natural supply of collagen and elastin, which are responsible for maintaining skin firmness and resilience. A series of regular treatments will provide the best results.
Blue light has been shown to destroy acne bacteria. Working safely and effectively, without abrasive chemicals, harmful UV-rays or side effects, to destroy acne-causing bacteria. Not only clearing up existing blemishes, but preventing future breakouts before they happen.
• Non-toxic • Non-invasive • Effective for teenage acne • Effective for adult onset acne
Benefit of LED Therapy?
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased collagen production for a more youthful look
- Reduction of age spots and sun damage
- Reduction of overall redness
- Increased radiance
- Firmer skin (lifts aged and tired skin)
- Increased moisture retention
- Increased circulation (due to the increased formation of new capillaries)
- Increased oxygenation and restoration of skin’s natural cellular activity, keeping skin renewed and fresh
- Improves clarity and skin tone
- Kills acne bacteria
- Reduces muscle and joint pain
The treatment is for all skin types, and is non-ablative, non-invasive, painless, and requires absolutely no downtime.
- Epilepsy or Seizures
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.